9.28.2008

canning



I actually did some canning - all by myself! Pretty impressive, don't you think? I didn't do much. We had one box of tomatoes that needed to be used, so I borrowed my mother-in-law's canning supplies and I made my mom's yummy salsa and just a couple pints of spaghetti sauce. Both turned out pretty good, although the salsa was milder than I thought it would be. It was time consuming, but fun. Next year I think I'll try to do more - maybe can some other fruits and veggies and make jam. The nice thing about living in Washington is that there's so much fresh produce here, so I think I should take advantage of that!


(a close up on the salsa)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow Megan! You're so domestic. I'm impressed!

Rachel M said...

Way to go Megan!!!! Looks yummy.

Monette and Mark said...

Very impressive. I wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do. Good job.

Natalie said...

Ummm, I love Salsa...I wish we lived closer and we could can salsa together.

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Wow that salsa looks amazing!! I will have to get your recipe! How are you feeling these days? You look so good by the way! If you ever need anything let me know! I loved being pregnant.. friends were always wanting to give me books and help whenever I needed it! So I here if you need it!! Let me know next time you are canning.. I would love to do it too!
My blog is going private soon so can you send me your email? I will add you to the list!! rachelrutt@aol.com