We went in to the hospital for a scheduled induction at 12:30pm on Wednesday, March 11, and they had me started on pitocin just after 2pm. Things weren't really happening, so they broke my water at 7pm, and by 10, I was ready for an epidural - which I loved! It was nice to get to sleep a little (when the nurses weren't poking at me, or the blood pressure cuff wasn't doing it's thing every 20 minutes). Just before 4am I was at 10cm and ready to get that baby out, so Gavin Takeo Dahle was born on March 12, 2009 at 4:35am, 7lbs-8oz, 20.1in long. So sweet. His daddy's little twin...he looks nothing like me, and completely like Ryan.
Ryan's family (except for Chad and his family) all came to meet Gavin that day. My family got to Washington later that night and came to see us. My mom, dad, sisters, brothers-in-law, neice, and nephew all came to visit for the weekend (we were missing my little brother), and my mom stayed and is here helping me for the week.
Gavin is a good baby! The first couple of nights were tiring - especially for Ryan and my mom who stayed up with him all night so I could sleep between feedings - but the last couple of nights have been really good. He eats for half hour, then sleeps for 2 or 3 hours. He's such a good baby! Hope he keeps up this schedule. We love him to pieces!
Lots of pictures of Gavin's first day of life...
10 comments:
Oh Megan congratulations!!! And I love the name GAvin. So adorable. ...secretly I am really sad that I won't be able to see any new pictures of you being pregnant...FYI--you are the cutest pregnant lady i've ever seen :)
Megan and Ryan he is adorable! We are very happy for you and your cute family of three!
How wonderful! I'm so glad things went well for you guys, and it looks like all of the relatives are happy about your work :) Good luck on getting through the nights!
Hooray!!!!
Gavin is so precious! Congratulatons to you guys. I'm really happy for you all. What a good baby!
What is with those Dahle boys getting babies that look just like them!! So not far to the mama's!! Can't wait to meet my new little nephew!!
He's so cute! I'm happy you put pictures up of him! He really does look like Ryan. I'm glad everything went well with the delivery and that you guys are doing good.
congrats! He is a handsome little man.
Oh Megan he is beautiful!! I am so excited for you!!
Let me know if there is anything I can! We want to bring you dinner, I left a message at your house but I am sure you are busy. :)
Rachel
I'm so excited for you guys....James is glad for his new friend...I'll have to call Mike so he can see pics since I'm currently in Chicago....He's precious!
Post a Comment