2.23.2009

rock-a-bye baby

Ryan's dad surprised us and built a cradle for the baby - the first Dahle grandson. He made it from a 100 year old apple tree. I like how it's naturally all different colors. And an awesome thing about it is that it comes apart really easily so it can be stored flat for the next baby. Smart.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Wow!! That is one slick, beautiful cradle! I think I'm coveting it... what a special gift.

zealygirl said...

That is so cool! I love it! What an awesome grandpa!

Ashley Smith said...

ooooo!!! I want!!

Monette and Mark said...

Uncle Jon and Mark's dad made a cradle for us when Lexi was born. Ours doesn't come apart though. That's a very smart idea.

Kate said...

I'm jealous!!! Awesome wood- Joe is getting really good! I want to see some pictures of baby's room. (please) Hope you are feeling ok.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

getting closer....maybe you'll come early....any contractions...cool cradle and nice that it comes apart

Unknown said...

Wow Megan that is beautiful! Joe is one amazing woodworker!

Elizabeth said...

That's neat, what a nice gift.