6.16.2007

home alone

Ryan went on a 4 day, 3 night hike/camp with some of his old friends from high school. He was so excited and happy to go - just like the old days before college, mission, and marriage. He left Thursday morning, and will be coming home Sunday night. So, here I am with all this time to myself...

It's very quiet around here - even a little bit lonely, but it's been okay. I baked cookies last night...chocolate-cinnamon chocolate chip cookies. Yes. Yummmmm. You know you want them. Here's the recipe if you're interested - I found it on allrecipes.com, and added the cinnamon. I ate two for breakfast...I know, really healthy, right?!


COOKIES
1 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 C flour
2/3 C cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 C chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Combine dry mixture with creamed mixture. Add chocolate chips. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. Done.

I have also been painting. I am working on one, and have three others drawn out, ready to start painting. I'll post them when I finish them, and when I have the camera. (Ryan took it with him on his hike - so I will also take pictures of my sewing projects when he gets back). So, I'm keeping myself busy, and even having a good time all by my lonesome! But, I'll be glad when Ryan gets home, too.

I start a new job on Monday - tutoring for a summer reading program. I admit, I'm not too excited, just because I'd rather not work at all (hah), but I think it will be a good job, and we can always use the money. The more we make this summer the better - with school this semester for Ryan, and then looking to buy a house or condo...yikes! I don't know how we're going to do it!

So, everyone have a great day...and Happy Father's day to all the dads...especially my Dad! Love you!

3 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

Thanks for the cookie recipe, don't you love that website?!?! I am still waiting for MY painting just for the record. anyways i fell your lonesomeness. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to make your cookies Mrs. Dahle!!! They sound good!!! Can't wait to see your paintings and sewing projectd!!! You are awesome!!!


Elisha

Kate said...

Megan- you make awesome cookies!! Thanks for sharing!!! I hope your first two days of work have gone well- and I hope your day goes by fast!!